Thursday, October 19, 2006

5 years already

Well, here it is, my first blog ever. Not sure that I'll do this on a regular basis as i really don't think my life is quite interesting enough to update about frequently. Today I just kind of felt inspired to write....as of yesterday I have been a mother for 5 years! 5 Years!!! I feel like i've blinked and the years have gone by. It's amazing really. I'm not one of those mothers who misses the baby days and tells everyone to cherish each moment and each stage. Not to say that you shouldn't, but i think it's ok to look forward instead of always looking back. Does that make any sence at all. In my head it does but i'm not sure that it can be written the way i feel. I really love watching Nadia grow up! The future excites me, of coarse some aspects terrify me, but usually the excitment out ways the fear. Sometimes i'll look at Nadia (and Livy too) and it will still amaze me that she came from me. I don't think that feeling ever goes away for any mother.

I'm not a perfect mom and over these past 5 years I've made many mistakes, and hopefully learned from them. I've learned more about myself in these past 5 years then I did in all the other years of my life combined! Being a mother has truly made me a better person.

1 comment:

jude said...

Hey Tracy! YEAH, Welcome to the blogg world!! It is such a great way to keep in touch with family and friends! Once you get used to it, you will find all kinds of things you want to say. :) I hope you update often. I'd love to hear how you and your girls are doing, and I've missed keeping in touch with you! Happy late 5th Birthday Nadia!! Congrats Tracy, you are a wonderful mum!

love, jude