Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Christmas spirit

I am so excited for christmas this year!!! i think every year I get more and more excited. I'm more like a kid at christmas then many kids that i know and the older I get the more like a kid at christmas I become! Maybe it's becuase my own children are getting older and and therefore understand the magic of christmas more each year, or maybe it's because christmas is so materialized that you can't help but be bombared with images of the holidays. I don't know what the reason is, but I LOVE CHRISTMAS! I not only love the magical feeling you get over the holidays and the true meaning of Christmas (which of coarse is very important to me) but I also love all the things about christmas the most people hate. i love christmas shopping and I love the crowds of people. I could do without the long lines (i'm not that sick!) but I love watching eveyone hustle around looking for the perfect gifts for their friends and loved ones. I love how that busy time makes you stop and think about other people and what would make them happy. I also love wrapping presents!!! I have absolutly every I've bought for the girls already wrapped this year. It's amazing!!! I am way ahead of schedule. I also love christmas baking. So far I've made shortbread cookies, gingerbread men, and fudge!!! (Maybe I could start selling it or something). I just can't wait for Christmas!!!! I'm totally chomping at the bit to get out all my decorations but I'm showing a little restraint and will wait until November 25th. I will also wait until that day to turn on my christmas music.

i don't really have much to update on the girls today. They both just got over colds and Nadia had a little break from school. She got sent home last Wednesday with a pink eye scare and I kept her home Thursday because she was up coughing so much in the night wednesday night. Friday and Monday there was no school so she got to spend a lot of time with us and it was great! Even Nadia said how much she enjoyed spending "family time" with us.

Life is good!
Tracy

1 comment:

jude said...

I had to smile reading your post, Your excitement is heart warming! :) My mum always said her best Christmases were when we were little. LOL I put my tree up on Nov 25 sometimes too! ;) I will be too busy with work, but planning for Dec 1st to put it up. Have fun and enjoy. Life is Good!

BTW, LOVE the school pic of Nadia! She is just so grown up. BLess.