Saturday, January 20, 2007

staying in shape

I began jogging last April and by October I lost 30lbs! Obviously I was very pleased with these results. I've manged to stay at that weight and have been trying to work on toneing instead of weight loss. I have a couple of work out videos and I still jog when the weather permits but I'm not really making much progress. I really think i need to go to a gym so I can get some weight lifting into my routien, however who has time to go to a gym when they have kids!!! I just can't fathum that I would actually have the time to go so I feel I would be wasting my money. Speaking of money...it's expensive. For example, a friend of mine gave me a free months membership to curves (my 1st workout is this morning). I'm really looking forward to trying it out, however, if i love it and want to continue the price just to join is $99.00 plus your months membership fee of $40.00. I go back to work at the end of April at which time I will not be able to go to a gym anymore so I really can't bring myself to fork over that kind of money for 2 months use. Anyone have any advice for me?

Wish me luck today at Curves...i'll let you know how I make out.

2 comments:

jude said...

Well done on loseing 30lbs! Wow, didn't think you needed to do that the last time I saw you! GL with curves. You could try weightlifting at home too. There are all kinds of things you can do to get a bit of tone back. I miss going to the gym too, I haven't been since after Lexi was born. My body certainly has been showing it too! LOL GL and well done on the weight loss!

Steve & Gillian said...

So, how'd it go?