Friday, September 09, 2011

setting goals and reaching them

In May when Cathy and I decided to start running I set a goal of loosing 10 lbs. It took all summer long but I finally lost the last 2 lbs to completing my goal yesterday! As much as I am very proud of myself for sticking to something and having it pay off it has led me to thinking a lot about body image. I have to wonder if there will ever be a point that I am happy with how my body looks. Will there ever be a # on the scale that I can look at and say, "that's it, that's enough"? It just seems there is always something that I think could look better. It's not even that I think I need to lose weight because I know I'm not big. It's more toning and building muscle. It can be difficult being a "skinny" person and talking about body image. People look at you and think that because you aren't over weight you shouldn't have any issues. If only that were how it really was.

I'm big on telling Nadia and Livy that mommy runs to be healthy. I want to be here for them for as many years as I can be so i feel it's important to look after myself as much as I can. But, I don't ever want them to think that they have to "look" certain way to be healthy. I don't want them at 31 years old to still be worrying about how they look.

I can say that at 31 years old.....i feel the best I've ever felt in my whole life. And for now that is the best goal I could ever attain.

No comments: